Staff at Frontier Insurance Services of Plainview recently took Plainview and Creighton FFA kids out to adjust the hail and wind damage in the area.
1. Talked about hail and wind damage
2. Employees showed students how to stage the plants on the date of storm and today's stage
3. Students did their own defoliation calculations
4. The group counted cut off soybeans
5. The group did a few examples of how much the farmer would get paid for their damage.
6. Discussed several job opportunities that crop insurance offers
“We had kids from both Creighton & Plainview FFA Chapters, hopefully, we can keep adding more chapters,” said JoBeth Doerr, Frontier Insurance.